Skip to main content

Gaining

I just weighed myself and I've gained more weight. I thought my jeans felt kind of tight, and it's nearly impossible to get my wedding ring on and off. Then again I was weighing myself after changs and cake. I realize that with the stress of moving, I haven't been eating all that well. And usually when I don't eat well, at least I stop and think about my portions. But today I ate a hot dog (about 12 points on ww), a milkshake at Burgerville (probably about 10 points), changs - and I usually do good, but I totally wasn't thinking today - so probably 30 points - and then I had cake - about 8 points. Where did my diet go? I even had TWO pieces of cake. I put sesame oil on my food and had noodles both times! These are things I've been better about in the past so that I was at least maintaining the weight I lost. Part of it is rebelling against having to be aware of what I eat, but part of it is that I'm just not thinking. Rebellion is not worth being fat.

Tomorrow I'm going grocery shopping so I can stop this fast food binge! I was even thinking to myself how all the exercise I've been getting should be so beneficial. Um...not when you eat 50 points a day! I need to recover my lifestyle! And, I need to start earning some income so I can go to yoga. I really really miss it and I haven't had time to go (2 weeks I've missed now). *sigh* It's $15 per session if you don't buy a package. This is not cheap if you go a couple times a week. And I really want to get to where I can work 2-3 times a week into my lifestyle. My body misses it. I can tell every time I start to even remotely stretch something that my body embraces the work I started at yoga and wants more. But first, I have to lose this 10 pounds I gained back and get back on my eating track. Seriously!!

Comments

  1. This is probably not the healthiest way to do it, but I'm starting a diet pill tomorrow (or perhaps waiting till after Oktoberfest this weekend, cause we all know how that's gonna go with food/alcohol). I had oatmeal for breakfast, and a lean cuisine and some grapes for lunch. I'm hungry :( I also had coffee with nonfat milk and Splenda this morning. I went grocery shopping last night and spent 150 bucks - in hopes of no more going out to lunch or dinner, or stopping off at McDonalds for breakfast, and over-eating. Being hungry feels good though. I think I'm going to start a blog once I start this diet pill. I'll let you know how it goes. Good luck with your diet/lifestyle change and getting back into yoga. Have you thought about getting some yoga DVD's and doing it at home?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh why not?

I try not to post too frequently - like twice a day - because I don't want anyone to stop reading my blog! But I can't help myself. I'm watching the biggest loser. This is dangerous for me because it's so inspiring that I want to get out and do all this crazy stuff to get healthier. I think that what I'm doing is probably sufficient for the time being. However I do have some different things I want to try once I've gotten a bit further with my couch to 5k program. Here's my list so far: Water Aerobics - I started to do this once and I loved it, but then I had a bunch of snafus that prevented me from getting into it regularly. I think that these can be resolved now since we've moved and I got a card for the local parks and rec. Some form of Martial Arts - I did this some as a teenager and I really enjoyed it. Problem is that it's not cheap and it's a bit embarrassing to do as an adult in a beginner class. I'm sure they have classes for t...

If only I had stuck with it

While we were in Los Angeles this last weekend we went to visit Paul's cousin Emily (Hi Emily!), her husband Nick, and their daughter Kate. She had asked me how the exercise was going and I told her that it was hard but I needed to stick it out. We ended up talking about all of the things we've started but quit somewhere along the way. And I started thinking about what it would be like if I'd just stuck to weight watchers or an exercise routine or any of the things I've started that would have had me looking and feeling better by now. There's a book by Malcolm Gladwell called "Outliers". Gladwell talks about a study by Anders Ericsson that shows most people that have mastered a skill have had to spend 10,000 in their life up to that point practicing and working on that skill. I've always considered this relevant to my career but I've never really related it to my weight loss goals. But now I am. If I want to not only improve and succeed at takin...

Three Realizations

1. I stopped at the restroom in the hotel by the waterfront on my way to dragon boat practice tuesday. There's a full length mirror there. As I came out of the stall to wash my hands I noticed my reflection in it to the side of me. On my way out I stopped in disbelief. I was wearing a very form fitting tank top that dries quickly. Usually I expect to look like a stuffed sausage in it. But I didn't. I had to turn to the side and turn back again to make sure the mirror wasn't at an angle or something that would make me seem thinner. But it wasn't. I actually look better in my clothes. 2. On the way home from dragon boat practice I was thinking about this and also thinking about how I'm tired of counting calories. It occurred to me that I only have to count vigilantly until I weigh what I want to weight. And since I don't, I need to keep doing it. I would be devastated if I gained any weight back. I've reached this point in my dieting many times before. The d...