Sunday, February 7, 2010

Elliptical Blues

I've been relegated to the elliptical. My chiropractor said that doing a high impact sport like running could put a damper on treatments. He said it was okay for me to do the elliptical though. There's one at my complex I can use, but it needs to be serviced because it grinds and squeaks when used. He said I could walk, but that the elliptical would be better.
I guess this is okay because I'm losing some of my steam with the C25K stuff. I could use a break. I think I will keep up walking so that I can challenge myself at least in some way. It will probably be difficult without the high from running though. That stuff's addictive in an oh so good way!

I've noticed a change in my relationship with food. We got Burgerville for lunch today and I got the bacon cheeseburger because it's my day to eat meat! It was very delicious, but I found myself struggling to order it over the white bean burger they have right now. I kept thinking about how much healthier it is and how much better I would feel if I ate it instead. Fortunately I didn't feel that bad afterward because Burgerville is good people and they don't give you food that makes you sick. I found myself wanting veggie food for dinner though. I had the best falafel sandwich ever at Old Market Pub. The waitress made fun of me because I wanted carrot sticks instead of fries. Carrot sticks wasn't a given option, I asked for them. I wanted them because they actually sounded better than fries. I'm not even kidding. I didn't feel for a second like I was giving up food that I would rather have for food I should have. It wasn't until she made fun of me that I realized what an odd choice it was. Who prefers carrot sticks to fries? Why not just get the salad for crying out loud? Being weird is awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Wait to go Beth! Hey you should come over to my complex sometime, we have tons of ellipticals, well a full on gym, and FREE yoga on Saturday mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the elliptical every day. And while it sometimes gets boring, I have lost about 7 lbs on it. I just watch t.v. or listen to music while on it.

    ReplyDelete