Skip to main content

Surviving the Turkey Overload

Well, I haven't weighed myself since the big meal. I am kind of scared. I felt like I ate more than I should have, but in retrospect, I did not eat myself to an uncomfortable level of full at any point. I wanted to go for a walk, but the pouring rain made it kind of undesirable. So now I'm just trying to get back onto the pre-made meals wagon. My daily breakfast of pumpkin oatmeal is the best. With my schedule being so erratic it's nice to know I have a hot breakfast waiting for me in the fridge in a matter of minutes. Breakfast is the worst when it comes to skipping meals. I walked 4 miles last week as well. It's not much, but it's something. It occurred to me that this lifestyle change stuff is permanent. I've always been aware of this fact, but the reality of it sank in finally. If I start walking and lose weight, I can't stop walking if I want to keep it off. It will come creeping back. I hate that!

In new developments, I moved all of my voice students at Beacocks to Friday evenings. I did this not remembering that I have my weight watchers meetings on Friday evenings. This is horribly depressing. I love my meeting. I love the leader, I love the group, I love the location. But I really don't want to make more of a mess out of my schedule so I'm kind of stuck with it. Which means I have to find another meeting. Sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh why not?

I try not to post too frequently - like twice a day - because I don't want anyone to stop reading my blog! But I can't help myself. I'm watching the biggest loser. This is dangerous for me because it's so inspiring that I want to get out and do all this crazy stuff to get healthier. I think that what I'm doing is probably sufficient for the time being. However I do have some different things I want to try once I've gotten a bit further with my couch to 5k program. Here's my list so far: Water Aerobics - I started to do this once and I loved it, but then I had a bunch of snafus that prevented me from getting into it regularly. I think that these can be resolved now since we've moved and I got a card for the local parks and rec. Some form of Martial Arts - I did this some as a teenager and I really enjoyed it. Problem is that it's not cheap and it's a bit embarrassing to do as an adult in a beginner class. I'm sure they have classes for t...

If only I had stuck with it

While we were in Los Angeles this last weekend we went to visit Paul's cousin Emily (Hi Emily!), her husband Nick, and their daughter Kate. She had asked me how the exercise was going and I told her that it was hard but I needed to stick it out. We ended up talking about all of the things we've started but quit somewhere along the way. And I started thinking about what it would be like if I'd just stuck to weight watchers or an exercise routine or any of the things I've started that would have had me looking and feeling better by now. There's a book by Malcolm Gladwell called "Outliers". Gladwell talks about a study by Anders Ericsson that shows most people that have mastered a skill have had to spend 10,000 in their life up to that point practicing and working on that skill. I've always considered this relevant to my career but I've never really related it to my weight loss goals. But now I am. If I want to not only improve and succeed at takin...

Tedium

I'm getting kind of tired of tracking my calories. It's become more tedious than it was originally. I think this is partly because I went three days without tracking. Now it feels like a daily chore. I have incentives however to continue. I may as well just come out and say that Paul and I are starting to research and learn about having babies. ***WE ARE NOT PREGNANT YET***. (everyone always asks whenever I mention the "b" word) Nor do we expect to be for at least a few months if not longer depending on how things work out. There are several factors to consider such as whether I get this job in the fall, whether we can afford the birth we want right away, where we're going to put a baby, and other things as well. That said, I need to get healthy for any of this to matter. My biggest concern at this point is that I might have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I've read about four different books that describe the symptoms and I match every single one of ...