Skip to main content

Project: Skinny Butt Fail

Well, project skinny butt is over. It pretty much failed. I did really good the first few days and then I just got busy! My mom told me she read something about how not getting enough sleep leads to belly fat. I believe it. I don't sleep much with a newborn and I pretty much have a deflated balloon full of sand on my front.

I've decided that exercise is only part of the equation and I need to relearn how to eat again. So I signed back up for weight watchers and went to a meeting yesterday. It was nice to see my old meeting leader again. She was really excited to see the baby. I haven't seen her since our wedding.

I was quickly reminded about why I hate going to meetings. Everyone kept talking about how hard it is to go grocery shopping or out to eat and to stay on program. For me rather than dwelling on the the foods I like that I can't eat, I dwell on the foods I like that I can. Weight watchers has completely revamped the program too. Now you can eat basically as much fruit as you want and most vegetables are 0 points as well. You also get more points each day and more points for the week. Combined with extra points for breastfeeding, and the fact that I can track my points on my iphone, this is pretty much easy so far. I can eat what I want, just not too much of it is all. I'm looking forward to the new program. I really feel like it's something I can stick to. Then again I'm only on my second day. I guess we'll see if I'm still this on track in a week.

Comments

  1. Yay! You will do great! I'm so excited for you. I'm hoping to do Nutrisystem for two months. I did it for a month once and lost 20 pounds. It isn't a long-term fix, but I want to drop some weight to make exercising easier on my body. Jogging is hard again. =( So two months and then I might check out weight watchers for a more permanent lifestyle change. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh why not?

I try not to post too frequently - like twice a day - because I don't want anyone to stop reading my blog! But I can't help myself. I'm watching the biggest loser. This is dangerous for me because it's so inspiring that I want to get out and do all this crazy stuff to get healthier. I think that what I'm doing is probably sufficient for the time being. However I do have some different things I want to try once I've gotten a bit further with my couch to 5k program. Here's my list so far: Water Aerobics - I started to do this once and I loved it, but then I had a bunch of snafus that prevented me from getting into it regularly. I think that these can be resolved now since we've moved and I got a card for the local parks and rec. Some form of Martial Arts - I did this some as a teenager and I really enjoyed it. Problem is that it's not cheap and it's a bit embarrassing to do as an adult in a beginner class. I'm sure they have classes for t...

If only I had stuck with it

While we were in Los Angeles this last weekend we went to visit Paul's cousin Emily (Hi Emily!), her husband Nick, and their daughter Kate. She had asked me how the exercise was going and I told her that it was hard but I needed to stick it out. We ended up talking about all of the things we've started but quit somewhere along the way. And I started thinking about what it would be like if I'd just stuck to weight watchers or an exercise routine or any of the things I've started that would have had me looking and feeling better by now. There's a book by Malcolm Gladwell called "Outliers". Gladwell talks about a study by Anders Ericsson that shows most people that have mastered a skill have had to spend 10,000 in their life up to that point practicing and working on that skill. I've always considered this relevant to my career but I've never really related it to my weight loss goals. But now I am. If I want to not only improve and succeed at takin...

Tedium

I'm getting kind of tired of tracking my calories. It's become more tedious than it was originally. I think this is partly because I went three days without tracking. Now it feels like a daily chore. I have incentives however to continue. I may as well just come out and say that Paul and I are starting to research and learn about having babies. ***WE ARE NOT PREGNANT YET***. (everyone always asks whenever I mention the "b" word) Nor do we expect to be for at least a few months if not longer depending on how things work out. There are several factors to consider such as whether I get this job in the fall, whether we can afford the birth we want right away, where we're going to put a baby, and other things as well. That said, I need to get healthy for any of this to matter. My biggest concern at this point is that I might have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I've read about four different books that describe the symptoms and I match every single one of ...